Welcome to the Classroom
Immediate Dentin Sealing: The Most Important Advancement in Adhesion Dentistry
Presenter: Dr. David Alleman
||Release Date: 10/21/13
|CE Supporter: Kuraray Dental
Expiration Date: 10/21/20
Multiple research studies since 1992 have shown that when dentin bonding systems are placed on freshly cut dentin and allowed to mature it results in a dramatic (400% - 500%) increase in bond strength when compared to bonding to temporized dentin at the cementation appointment. These research papers indicated that the dentin bonds become stronger than enamel bonds with some of the gold standard systems on the market. This one hour webinar will present the clinical techniques, materials and the published, scientific, literature on Immediate Dentin Sealing (IDS). The combination of this technique with a gold standard bonding system will maintain the seal on dentin, prevent secondary caries, eliminate post-operative pain and preserve pulp vitality.
Upon completion of this CE Activity, the student will understand:
• How To Make Dentin Bonds Stronger Than Enamel Bonds
• The Immediate Dentin Sealing Technique (How to Seal Preparations Prior to Taking Impressions)
• Why Immediate Dentin Sealing is Important for Indirect Restorations
• The Causes & Cures For Dentin Bond Degradation
• A Low Stress Composite Placement Technique
• How Curing Stresses Affect Bond Strength and Durability
• The Gold Standard Bonding Systems & A Unique Therapeutic, Antibacterial Cavity Cleansing Bonding System
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure
Click the button to view the training material.
View in App
View in Video Player
Take CE Exam
To earn CE credit, click the arrow button to complete the required evaluation and exam.
Additional On-Demand CE From Kuraray Dental
view all »