Today’s composite resins allow the aesthetic dentist limitless creativity in recreating human dentate form. At the core of every aesthetic dental restoration is tooth morphology… natures’ combination of elevations, depressions, opacities, and translucencies that collectively produce functional and aesthetic beauty.
In this CE webinar, Dr. Lowe will discuss techniques to create morphologically precise direct anterior and posterior composite restorations. A simple “histologic” layering technique will be taught to create lifelike direct composite restorations. An emphasis will be placed on proper anatomic contour. The challenges of placing Class II direct composites (proximal contact and contour) and soft tissue management will also be discussed. Dr. Lowe will also discuss some of the latest advances in composite resins and bonding agents, including bulk fill composites, to simplify direct posterior composite placement and reduce polymerization shrinkage stress of the materials.
Upon completion of this CE webinar, the student will have learned:
• a simple, reproducible technique to create accurate and aesthetic tooth morphology in composite resin for anterior and posterior teeth
• how sectional matrix can accurately reproduce contact and contour for proximal surfaces
• how to manage soft tissue issues when placing Class II composite resins
• some of the new innovations in adhesive dentistry that are advancing the technology of composite resins
• finishing and polishing techniques that create natural surface texture and reflection
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure