Many dental hygienists delegate the coding, processing and submission of dental insurance claims to the office manager or financial coordinator. This CE webinar challenges dental hygienists and dentists to learn the basics of dental insurance, especially for the procedures they perform on a regular basis. Licensed dental professionals can be held responsible for the information submitted on insurance claims, even if they personally never touched the claim.
This CE webinar reviews the history of dental insurance, the importance of “coding what you do” and gives tips on how to maximize your patient’s plan benefits without letting insurance dictate the treatment you provide. Upon completion of this CE webinar, the student will
• Review the history of dental insurance
• Identify frequently used dental hygiene codes
• Learn when to submit a narrative and/or claim attachments
• Recognize common limitations and exclusions of dental benefit plans
• Discuss ICD-10 codes and dentistry
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure