The future is now for revolutionary non-surgical periodontal therapy. A definition of the parameters for use of several advanced technologies will be discussed in this presentation, including periodontal endoscopy, piezo micro-ultrasonic’s, host modulated therapy, and regenerative proteins. Take a peek into the future of innovative periodontal therapy as these technologies are pulled together in a ‘3-pronged approach’ with a demonstration of case studies in Regenerative Periodontal Endoscopy (RPE). See first-hand what the future holds for the dental hygiene and/or dentist practitioner in non-surgical regeneration. These evidence based techniques, protocols, and technologies will get you excited about the essential paradigm shift already underway.
Upon completion of this course the student will:
- Understand the limitations of current non-surgical techniques in periodontal therapy and identify the advantages of incorporating endoscopic methodology into daily practice.
- Become more familiar with the literature, biology, and innovative use of host modulated therapy.
- Gain a new understanding of the benefits of piezo root instrumentation over hand scaling and identify the most efficient tips for traditional root planing and endoscopic procedures.
- Understand the science and clinical parameters for using regenerative proteins in non-surgical periodontal therapy.
- Come away with a new definition for “hopeless” periodontitis and endo/perio lesions.
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure