Total-etch, self-etch, selective-etch: these methods and materials can create confusion and clinical results may suffer. In this CE webinar, we will discuss when and how to use total-etch versus self-etch dental adhesives to maximize the durability of long-term restorations and achieve predictable results. Understanding the materials available is one aspect of providing quality dental care, but knowing the steps to take can improve our results, which can hamper what works with a total-etch adhesive and what doesn't work with a self-etch adhesive. We will also discuss restorative failures, and how to identify them and the possible causes, so we can prevent similar failures in the future.
Upon completion of this CE webinar, the participant will understand
• the differences between total-etch and self-etch adhesives and when each is used
• when and how to use selective-etch methods
• what methods and materials for direct and indirect restorations should be used
• materials and techniques for restoration of endodontically treated teeth
• what caused a restorative failure and how to correct prevent them
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure