This CE webinar is designed to explore the concepts of cultural competence as related to the delivery of dental health care. The webinar content, case discussions and additional reading will provide the background to move along the cultural competence continuum towards cultural proficiency. Self-assessment is critical to understanding and applying principles to the dental hygiene process of care.
Upon completion of this CE webinar, the participants will be able to:
1. Define culture, cultural competence and cultural sensitivity
2. Differentiate race and ethnicity
3. Discuss cultural barriers to communication
4. Discuss how culture relates to the dental hygiene process of care
5. Describe how cultural and linguistic competence can be obtained
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure