White Spot Lesions (WSL) are a Dental Professionals worst nightmare! In this CE webinar, join us to understand the etiology of these lesions and discuss effective identification tools, preventative measures, and management options available today - including the complexities of orthodontic clients pre, mid and post treatment.
We will Identify elements of essential risk assessment tools for client specific recommendations. Distinguish between demineralization and remineralization in the dynamic caries process. Analyze nutritional habits for client counselling while making recommendations for positive change. As we are part of a digital world, we will discuss new techniques for nutritional counselling and how to make it easy for the client to maintain compliance.
Upon completion of this CE webinar, participants will be confident in:
• Describing the caries development process and appropriate intervention strategies.
• Utilizing data obtained through caries risk assessment techniques and assign patients to the correct caries risk level.
• Utilizing nutritional information from digital nutritional assessment techniques for reduction of risk.
• Identifying the early signs of white spot lesions and formulating prevention strategies.
• Verbalizing the demineralization and remineralization process.
• Developing and implementing an effective in-office fluoride treatment protocol, based on appropriate patient risk for caries development.
• Developing and implementing an effective in-office glass ionomer treatment protocol for the orthodontic and pediatric patient.
• Developing and implementing an effective at-home fluoride treatment protocol based on appropriate patient risk for caries development.
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure