Share this webinar
This course ‘Responsibilities and Requirements of Prescribing Schedule II Opioid Drugs’ will help CA dentists to understand regulatory responsibilities when prescribing Schedule II opioids in clinical practice - and includes best practices for pain management, regulations for prescribers and dispensers, and dental office procedures for managing vulnerable or substance use disorder patients.
This class contains the contextual information to help with an overall understanding of Schedule II opioid drugs. Armed with the clinical tools, recommendations and guidelines included in this class, the overall goal is to help dentists manage their patients’ post-operative dental pain, while effectively managing the inherent risks in opioid prescribing
This Viva Learning CE class fulfills the requirements and CA state regulations related to Schedule II Opioid prescribing, and addresses the new 2023 CA requirements.
After completion of this 2-hour CE activity, the student will be able to:
1. Understand best practices for pain management in dentistry.
2. Be familiar with the Schedule of Prescription drugs, including examples in each category and associated risk levels of each schedule.
3. Understand the definitions of drug misuse, drug abuse and drug addiction and discern the difference between each.
4. Identify drug-seeking behavior in your patients.
5. Understand regulatory requirements for prescribers and dispensers – including information on CURES 2.0, California State’s Drug Monitoring Program.
6. Understand dental office procedures for managing vulnerable or substance abuse disorder patients - including strategies and interventions.
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure