Teledentistry has become the buzzword since Covid-19, however, it has been around for many years, and it is here to stay. It is making a significant impact in a range of dental and medical healthcare settings. Likewise, mobile, and portable dental oral health programs were developed to remove known barriers to vulnerable populations and improve access to oral health services.
Many of these programs serve older adults, especially in nursing homes, school-age children, and individuals with physical and mental impairments, and those with other special needs. However, mobile dentistry is just not for the underserved. Corporate mobile dentistry is on the rise, and brick-and-mortar dental offices now have a mobile and teledentistry arm outside their offices that have proven productive. There are many innovative ways to weave mobile and teledentistry into our daily dental practice and make it effective. However, it is essential to understand mobile and teledentistry and some of the different platforms. This CE webinar will discuss how mobile and teledentistry are entwined and separate at the same time.
During this CE webinar, we will
• Outline what mobile and teledentistry looks like in traditional dentistry
• Understand opportunities to implement teledentistry in your brick-and-mortar practice
• Recognize the difference between Telehealth, Telemedicine, and teledentistry
• Explain the difference types of mobile dentistry
• Describe different teledentistry platforms
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure